Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday all! I hope you had a fabulous and relaxing weekend. I myself had a great weekend full of good times with friends. Friday night I headed to Redwood City to meet with my friend Stephen to see a movie and grab a bite to eat. I met Stephen through my ex-boyfriend while I was studying in South Africa. He is a South African currently working towards his PhD at Stanford. He is a great guy and it is always so much fun to catch up with him. We saw “Savages”, which I LOVED and then headed to a local wine bar for some wine/beers. All in all a great night!

Saturday night was my best friend’s birthday and she had a party in San Francisco. The venue was amazing. They reserved the back patio for the birthday party and everyone had a great time hanging outside on a warm (ish) San Francisco Summer night. I drank way too many vodka cranberries but had an amazing time.


Sunday I stayed in bed until the afternoon telling myself I’ll never drink again. But that is neither here nor there.

This weekend I realized that I do not take nearly enough photos. I’ll work on that.

On Saturday I had another epiphany… I love lace. I went shopping and nearly everything I bought was lace/crochet inspired. I’m not complaining, just recognizing a pattern. What’s not to love about such a girly yet edgy look?? I love the soft detail that it brings to an outfit but paired with the right items it can have a rather rock and roll feel as well.






Busy week ahead! My parents are returning from Europe on Wednesday after being gone for 3.5 weeks. I have so much to catch up on with chores, work, packing, etc. since I thought it was a good idea to squander my weekend out with friends rather than being at all productive. Oh well, c'est la vie!

And just because I think this is cute...

4 comments:

  1. Wasn't Savages amazing! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lace too, and pretty much need all the items you featured in my wardrobe. How cool that you studied in South Africa, I would love to do something like that. I had the chance to go there for a family wedding last year, but couldn't because it conflicted with an important part of my semester.. now I regret it! xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. claiming that ill never drink again is my favorite thing to say hahaha oops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha I feel you, I do that everytime I have a hangover.
    Love the dress and the skirt!

    http://www.tamarasblend.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...