Thursday, July 19, 2012

Beauty Product Breakdown

Yesterday I may or may not have played hooky from work… and I may or may not have gone to the mall to do some serious shopping.



And that serious shopping may or may not have resulted in me spending over $300 in makeup and beauty products.

I know. I am crazy. But rest assured the $300+ was spent wisely on a variety of amazing products.

Let me preface this story by first saying it has been a long time since I seriously replaced/purchased new makeup and beauty products. I was running low on my favorite eye shadow hues and let’s not forget about my dwindling supply of foundation. While most girls frequent the mall and purchase refills of foundation, blush, etc. periodically as to never have to buy too much at once I on the other hand am a major procrastinator. I know this is not an admirable quality especially since makeup goes bad and is very expensive if you buy everything at once (hence the $300) but I just can’t help it. 

Regardless, it happened and I am not ashamed. I snagged some great products, some that I have used before and others that recently captured my heart. I went to the mall with a purpose and new that I wanted to buy fresh products, especially since I will be leaving in September and am not sure whether I will be able to find my favorite items in Ukraine. I want to have enough to get me through my first few months there and then when I begin to run low I can slowly transition to local products—or just have my mom send me a care package.

First stop: Clinique

Love this brand of face wash and skin care products. I recently tried the foaming face wash out a few months ago since I was having some major skin issues as a result of a change in birth control. The foaming face wash leaves your skin feeling so clean and fresh and it serves as a great makeup remover. Big bonus= it doesn’t leave your face feeling dried out. 
This BB cream is a life changer. It is the perfect primer and the spf 30 is great for protecting your skin from the sun plus it’s light mousse body does not make your face feel oily or look too heavy.

I also use Clinique liquid foundation and pressed powder. These 2 products along with the BB cream are an amazing combination and I don’t see myself changing brands anytime soon. I have used MAC foundation (too heavy and did not agree with my skin) and Bare Escentuals (great idea but not enough coverage) and the Clinique brand is by far my favorite. It’s good for the skin and it leaves my face looking flawless.

Second Stop: MAC


Obsessed with my new pink lipstick! Like obsessed obsessed. It is perfect. Pink and girly but still subtle enough for every day wear. I generally love MAC lipstick and plan to stock up on a few more shades before leaving. 



Love the new brand of bronzer they carry. It is less orange than previous products and does not have the glitter specs—I am after all 24 and not 18.

Did you know that you can recycle your old plastic MAC cases—i.e. lipstick, bronzer, foundation- and get a free lipstick in return. Just bring in 6 cases and viola a lipstick is yours!

While at MAC I also picked up 3 new eye shadows for my palate I am building. 

Final Stop: Sephora 
Urban Decay eyes shadow palate. I really love the colors in this palate and for $50 you get all this and a makeup brush. Great deal in my opinion.


Too faced eye shadow palate with pink and neutrals 


Flowerbomb roller ball. If you have not smelled this perfume you are missing out. I have been a Chanel Chance junkie my whole life but I may have just crossed over….

Overall a successful day of shopping I’d say! Nothing makes you feel prettier than new makeup.


What are your favorite beauty products?? 




2 comments:

  1. THE NAKED 2! that thing is a dream come true i use it everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes playing hooky to go shopping is absolutely acceptable (and necessary)! Gotta love MAC lipstick!

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...