Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Time to Catch up!

Well it has been a while since I last posted on here. I am so terrible at maintaining my entries. I’ll work on it!

Here is the low down on what I have been doing:

-My Peace Corps application is in full swing now. I am knee deep in medical clearances and background checks. It is a grueling process- they literally want to know EVERY single detail about your medical history. I had to have blood work done for about 10 different diseases and vaccinations and spend a total of about 4.5 hours at the doctor’s. Additionally, I have to have an extensive dental exam, complete with x-rays and everything. It is a frustrating process, especially considering that I will most likely have the paperwork sent back to me because something was filled out in error thus prolonging the process even more. However, it is definitely worth it. At first I was not sure the Peace Corps was something I wanted to do but as more and more time goes by I am getting even more excited! For those that don’t know, I have been nominated to teach English in Eastern Europe and am scheduled to depart between April-June 2012. Wish me luck!

-Lately, I have been trying to get much more involved with local organizations in San Jose. Starting in the Fall I will be tutoring students after school and also teaching English to Adults at a local community center. I am using my connections to try and make the most of my time in San Jose because even if I do not join the Peace Corps I plan to move to attend Law School in the fall of 2012.

-I went to Vegas. That was crazy. What an incredibly opulent and extravagant place, I am still not entirely sure how I feel about the place. But it was a great time :)

-I joined a new gym and I think it was the kick start I needed to get back in shape.  It’s amazing how a simple change of scenery can be the motivation you need to stay committed. My new gym is clean, in a fabulous location, and it doesn’t hurt that there are hot guys there! I am really in to group exercise classes- like Yoga, Cycling, and Kickboxing- and Club One has a great selection of classes to choose from! I am in the midst of an extreme detox (following my Vegas trip). I am cutting out all the negative from my life by eating healthier, not drinking, and by surrounding myself with positive people!

-Lastly, and probably the most exciting, I think I may be going to India with a friend of mine in October! I really hope we can make the trip work out because that would be an amazing experience. More on that later I am sure…..

Well, that about sums up what is going on in my life right now! From here on out I promise to be more frequent in my updates- not because I am concerned with others reading what I have to say, but because the act of writing in this blog has become very therapeutic to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...