Monday, June 6, 2011

Hockey, Rugby, and Basketball- OH MY


HOCKEY
Well folks, in case you’ve been living under a rock, the Stanley Cup finals are in full swing. Boston has faced off against Vancouver and the series has been incredibly exciting so far. Vancouver eliminated the San Jose Sharks in 5 games… much to my dismay but the Canucks certainly deserved it. The Sharks did not play to their fullest potential but one must always look on the bright side and say there is always next year! I believe that the Sharks had one of their best post-seasons in their 20 year history. They played hard and now in the off season it’s time to work on the weaknesses of the team and pick up some valuable acquisitions for next year.

But anyways, back to the finals. Tonight is game 3 and the Canucks lead 2-0 BUT the standings do not accurately reflect the battle that has been taking place. Boston is playing great, actually Tim Thomas is playing great and the rest of the team is playing well. Thomas has really stepped it up and is playing phenomenally but now he needs the rest of the team to support him offensively. I am really excited for tonight’s game and anticipate this series going to 7 games. Boston has home ice advantage for the next two games and that is crucial. I want to see a big game from Chara and Lucic tonight! GO BRUINS

RUGBY
I know that Rugby is not very popular in the US which is strange to me, but I for one am very excited because the 2011 Rugby world cup is right around the corner! This year it will be held in New Zealand and I can’t wait to watch the countries match up. I for one will be cheering for the defending champions South Africa’s very own Springboks. I lived in South Africa from 2008-2009 and was certainly taken over by Rugby fever. It is such an amazing sport that requires tremendous athleticism. I am baffled as to why this sport is so under appreciated in America, especially since it is so similar to football but just much more physical. As an American I know how much other Americans love to watch people get hit- this is why we love football and hockey. Well, rugby is all about the hits and physical play. I think that most people shy away from watching rugby matches because they do not understand the rules, but I assure you it is very easy to catch on if you just watch for 5 minutes. I urge you to tune in when the world cup starts! GO BOKS!

NBA
The NBA finals are also in full swing. But… I. HATE. THE. NBA. Something about professional basketball players just rubs me the wrong way. And it is not that I do not like basketball in general, because I love watching college basketball, I just really do not like the NBA. But I still have a little something to say about the subject. The Mavericks are playing the Heat and I am most certainly cheering for the Mavs. Why you may ask? Because I have an incredibly intense hatred for Lebron James. He is the most overrated athlete in the world. Yes. I said it.. In the world. He whines, complains, and has a complete and utter disrespect for the game in my opinion. I am tired of him being compared to Jordan, his name should not even be uttered in the same sentence as Jordan. I have nothing else to say about the NBA. GO MAVS

OH MY
The Giants are on fire right now. I am seeing some outstanding pitching, hitting, and all around great play. Let’s go SF!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, totally living under a rock in terms of hockey and the nba - but completely on the same page as you with rugby haha - Jurgen and I have been going to a lot of the bulls super 14 games this season and I AM ADDICTED! Can't wait for august... go bokkies!

    xoxo
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...